The Southwest Avocado Salad is my absolute favorite at Compass! I enjoyed salads pretty much every time I visited the café for the past two weeks! There is more in the café than just salad. There are exquisite cakes and a variety of coffee to choose from ☕️ There are also sandwiches, parfaits and macaroons too!
Personally I chose salad because I wanted to better my health. Not that it’s bad, I can still enjoy some cake & caffeine but one reason Compass is bringing out some healthier options is so we can feel strong and be strong! It’s a Word that God spoke to His people this year! These salads are delicious and loaded with more than just lettuce! There is an apple pecan salad with grilled chicken, chicken cesar, and southwest avocado with corn chips and grilled chicken. It’s already prepared for you which helps makes healthy living easy!
Hello all readers! I want to thank everybody who has been reading, supporting and following this blog! Especially to you new subscribers! I appreciate it a lot.
Like many writers, we face blocks, different directions and new beginnings. I’m going to be honest and share that but I hope to be back soon.
I would like to tell you about some Facebook friends that can richly benefit your life in just one post!
Check out Hope A La Mode’s new video about some beautiful Kate Spade handbags & finding true peace. The thing needed for those facing thoughts of suicide and depression. Follow her Facebook group for the posts Hope A La Mode
As mentioned in one of my previous blogs, Leah is still doing her makeup! Check out her tutorials on the Beauty4Beginners group and on her personal page Uniquely you by Leah
Summertime has started in New York! Read about the fantastic upcoming events along with some helpful summer tips!
Freedom Concert This Saturday!
Got your tickets yet? It’s a great deal compared to other concerts/shows! All proceeds goes towards the church building! There will be no crowded arenas or theaters here! HopeNYC’s spacious yard gives you plenty of room to dance! No overpriced snacks here! Great quality food cooked fresh by Hopers ready for you ahead of time at 6pm! I didn’t even mention the artist yet! Incredible voices and ingenious lyrics. Celebrate freedom with your family here THIS SATURDAY JUNE 30th! Contact the phone number on this flyer for tickets or purchase with eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hopenyc-freedom-concert-tickets-46306966383
(Vacation Bible School)
Happens at Hope every year around August!
It’s an exciting FREE 2 days for kids filled with fun, learning, games, music, prizes, and an amazing experience! Last year’s theme was a safari. What will our building transform into next? Details and dates to come!
There are several baptisms through the year at HopeNYC but always one at the beach. It’s such a special and memorable way to get baptized Hopers get to enjoy a beach day afterwards along with a possible volleyball tournament. Details and date to come!
Now here are some summer tips!
Sunscreen: Applying your sunscreen indoors is important! This stuff is SLOWLY absorbed by your skin. Allow up 15 minutes before stepping outside to ensure protection! It’s definitely important to have on when the sun is at its peak between the hours of 11am-2pm
Freebies & discounts:
- Brooklyn Botanical Garden is free on Friday mornings!
- Long Beach is free after 6pm to relax, walk around, wet your toes, photograph, and play beach games! Read about the last time I went!
- The met museum in Manhattan takes a donation of your choice 25 cents and up from students!
- The Aquarium has discounted tickets right now because it’s other exhibits are under construction! The ticket includes a cool 4D movie!
- Bryant Park has fun free juggling lessons all week long! Follow @Bpjugglers
Photographers: Look into a polarizing filter! It will make your landscape photograph clearer and help everything in your image to be the proper color. Rivers, oceans and sky can loose it’s beautiful blue tone from yellow sun rays but a filter will bring out those blues much more!
These are the tips! I hope you enjoy and hope to see you the Freedom concert
Listen as Andre plays To God be The Glory on the saxophone. He played it during today’s service at HopeNYC. Let this song of worship uplift you as it brings the presence of God with His peace through your phone/computer speakers.
Have a listen, relax and enjoy 😊
They kick it up a notch after a minute! Keep on listening 👂
Salt can take your meal from bland to the best! It can cleanse a stain and ease your pain! Salt can keep the very foods in your home from spoiling. Salt is a good thing according to The Word of God and being called salty is in fact a good
insult compliment to Christians. How so? Because just like salt, you were created to add flavor and be of extreme help to the world.
On my social media accounts, I had posted this graphic!
7 uses for salt!
- Sponge getting old? Restore it by giving it an overnight soak in a liter of water with a 1/4 cup of salt!
- Got bitten by a bee? Put some water on the sting and then apply salt! This should alleviate the pain and reduce the swollen area. If you are allergic to bees 🐝 Get some medical attention STAT!
- Smelly sneakers? Sprinkle some salt in there!
- Did your coffee or tea leave a stain on your pots and cups? How about the burnt milk? Scrub it away by sprinkling salt on your sponge and rub the area in small circles. If it’s still there add some white wine vinegar.
- Want to keep your cheese and apples around longer? Prevent mold and wrinkles with salt! For the cheese, wrap it in a napkin that has been soaked in salt water before putting in the fridge. For the Apple, soak them in mild salt water. This will make the skin smooth again.
- You can’t show off your remarkable fruit salad with brown fruit! After preparing your fruit by cutting them, give them a quick dip in salt water! This should ensure that they stay colorful.
- You can use salt as a pre-dandruff treatment by sprinkling it on your scalp! Throughly rub it and rinse off before applying the shampoo.
It all started with a volleyball circle on the sand. There was a setting sun, a ceaseless cool breeze, crashing waves, and a blue sky that swirled with purple, pink & vivid yellow streaks. It was a beautiful clear sunny day in New York but indeed a great evening for outdoor worship.
As golden hour approached, the 20 somethings including myself took a seat and prepared for some special set-aside time with The Lord. We spent minutes talking about Him and where He brought us out from but there was an important question to be answered!
If given the chance, what are some things you would tell your younger self ?
It’s a great question and an important one to ask yourself! Are any answers coming to mind?
On our beach blankets and chairs, Brian strummed the guitar and everyone started singing. Ice cream afterwards topped off this wonderful summer evening!
Wishing a Happy Father’s Day to all the dads who are reading!
Here is an interesting Pinterest quote I thought you might enjoy:
I encourage you to continue to be that! Also! All men are encouraged to father! It doesn’t mean to have kids but take kids and younger men under your wing! Mentor, teach, pray, invest & care for them. You don’t have to be 30 to do this! Enjoy your fathers! Let it be a blessed one!
Have a restful night everyone in the USA. Even as you reach the deepest part of your sleep, God is watching over you.
Goodmorning to those who may be seeing the sunrise on your side of the globe 🌎
Same goes for you! A great scripture to keep in mind as you begin your day!