HopeNYC church has a heart for helping. There is no language or location barrier, I’ve seen Hopers visit other boroughs & fly across the world! A couple of weeks ago, HopeNYC helped Harlem for Thanksgiving but did not stop there! HopeNYC visited a homeless shelter in Brooklyn last week to not just prepare a Thanksgiving meal but a Thanksgiving Feast! Hope served dozens of turkeys, chicken, endless slices of baked ham, full trays of mashed potatoes, yummy mac & cheese, various desserts & so much more! Hope did not only provide a freshly prepared lunch but they also gave out groceries for Thanksgiving day! Hearts were touched, Kids enjoyed picking out their favorite pies & families were blessed. I saw burdens being lifted as the church made life easier for these hard working parents. The staff who cooked & served this feast were not only adults. Children, teenagers, 20 somethings, also worked hard to prepare a dish & show up to serve! HopeNYC is really one of the few places in New York where you would see a young one so interested & selflessly working hard to help someone else.The church as whole desire to follow Jesus & be His hands & feet. That is our heart!
So many people were blessed with food, groceries, & winter coats!
Hey You! Read This! Hey You! Read This! Hey You! Read This! Hey You! Read This! Hey You! Read This!
Lets bring a bigger breakthrough to this world! I encourage you to volunteer at your local church or organization just to help others!
- On Major Holidays
- If you are in charge of a group, club or ministry! Anyone can do this!
Not in charge?
- That is Ok! If you have the heart you can start!
- Formulate a plan with your friends! Where to go, who to call, what to give away or do. There are elderly homes, homeless shelters, hospitals… see what’s in your city.
- If you are currently in school or college you can find out if they are already hosting a mission. If not then you can start it! I’ve seen people start a simple harry potter club…. Be the one to make a real difference! Start a club or a day event to help others!
- Be brave ( I’m shy to approach people but this is a small price to pay to change someone’s world.)
- With your own eye, who do you see suffer?
- What would make that person feel better?
- Would it be a bag of groceries? toys? a holiday feast? prayer? a coat? a free manicure? Christmas carols?….
- Without a vision, You would not know where to go & where to steer your group. Think about who can you help?
Make a decision to help your world! Being involved & changing someone’s life is so fantastic but the true reason for serving others will always be that it is God’s purpose for us.
Take a good look at your hands, they are made to work! 🙂